Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cards from the "Another Day Box"

 Goodness, These four notelets made with Bashful Blue cardstock with a Whisper White topper I believe I started to make some 12 months ago and they have sat in the amother day box for ever! They were bypassed by the kids every time, so I thought I would do something with them, and as it has turned out I loved the result! The first card is Using the Baby Bundle Stamp set from the new 2010 -2011 Catalogue, the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments. The border punch and the duck are not SU. I used Baja Breeze Ink (because thats what was on the table)
 This card is using the small flowers from the Just Believe Stamp set, once again, I used Baja Breeze Ink and Sahara Sand with a blender pen. The ribbon is a scrap of Kraft Taffeta, and once again the sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments and says With Sympathy. The border on the bottom of the card is punched using the Lacy edge border punch, and the cardstock is certainly celery. The leaves are finished off with just a touch of Dazzling Diamonds on the petals.
I can not believe that I have had the owl punch for weeks and this is the first time that I have used it!! I think I will be using him a whole lot more, he is so cute. Once again Baja Breeze ink was used, and the owl was also punched from Baja Breeze cardstock. The vest is acutally punched from Basic Grey cardstock which was a die tht I cut this morning when my order came in - Flower Burst die. (See what I mean about the 'another day box'. It all goes in there! Two little 1/2 rhinestones (that I know I definitely did NOT leave on the table, but glad they found their way there) two 1/2 backed pearls on the tiny hearts and two 'googly' eyes that are not SU finished this card. The sentiment Congratulations was stamped from the Perfect Punches Stamp set.
I wasnt sure about this card at the time but it has grown on me. I truly love the Artistic Etchings Stamp set which I used. All the stamping on this card was done with Sarah Sand ink, The modern label punch held the sentiment Happy Birthday, once again from the Teen Tiny Sentiments Stamp set, which had been stamped and punched out using the word window punch. The decorative edge is once again the Lacy Edge border punch, using Certainly Celery. The bow is a scrap of white satin ribbon (not SU), that I dyed using the Sahara Sand Classic Ink Pad, and the end of my paper piercer, this was because of the rules that I had set which was to only use what was on the table or within reaching distance. I must admit my right arm grew to a length that I never thought possible to get the Glue Dots! It is really quite hard to use only what you have in front of you, or are able to reach without getting up out of your chair and create your cards. It was fun and I will make myself do this again, I never placed any restrictions on my grand daughter, but I did make sure she put every single thing she used away...........so I wouldnt be tempted! I hope you have enjoyed what I have shared with you today, so until next time, keep stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...