Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Little More on Watercolours

Good Morning!
I thought today that I woud talk a little more abour Watercolours.Many people are afraid of watercolours, simply because they do not understand them or their versatility. Watercolours allow you to present the most delicate and subtle colour to your work, but by the same token also allow bold and vibrant colouring. It also gives you so many new shades of a colour as well. As you can see in the photo on the left I have used Pear Pizazz, Pacific Point an Cajun Craze just to demonstrate to you the range of colours that are achievable with just one Classic Stampin Pad and the Aqua Painter. I have made 21, but there are so many more!The Aqua Painter is a very innovative type of watercolour brush. It holds the water or other fluid (e.g. Bleach) in the chamber that is also the handle of the brush. You have complete control as to how much or little water is released from the chamber and with a little practice you will learn to love the Aqua Painter as I do. At only $19.95 for a packet of two it is excellent value! When I stop and think that I was paying $70-80 for a single watercolour brush, I definitely wish I knew about Aqua Painters then!  When using the watercolouring technique, always ensure that your image is stamped using Stazon Ink. The colour will not bleed out of this ink as it would using a Classic Stampin' pad. Also remember that normal cardstock is ok to watercolour on, if it is only a small area. The best results will always be obtained using Watercolour Paper which is specifically designed to withstand water without warping or the surface becoming 'chaffed'.Over the next weeks I will post items on watercolouring and how you can use this wonderful technique to make the most of your stamp sets and your inks. I will also talk about watercolour washes and the difference they too can make to your projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...