Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tropical Party

I never seem to use the Colour Coach and I know that I should, but at times I have looked at the different colours and thought to myself "nah", that wouldnt look very nice. So yesterday I got my colour coah out closed my eyes and picked a colour and it was Garden Green. Now if anyone had told me even yesterday morning that the colours Garden Green Tangerine Tango and Bashful Blue would look good together I owuld not have believed them! To choose a stamp set to use was even more involved. Did the same close the eyes trick and picked a set from the IBC and it happened to be Ocean Commotion, then did the same with the Summer Mini and picked Tropical Party. Wrote them both down on a slips of paper and then picked one. Whew! That was pretty involved just to make myself move out of the traditional colours and get me out of my comfort zone. The set Tropical Party I will admit I have had since we were able to pre-order from the Summer Mini and this is the first time the poor set had seen ink!. I took the palm frond and stamped that onto the Garden Green and the Tangerine Tango in their co-ordinating colours, Stamped and cut out the trees and the coconut drinks and glued them onto the Whisper White and then sponged a bit of colour here and there and run it through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny set of sentiments and I added two chocolate brads. I think I will be using this set a lot more from now on. It has all the connotations of relaxing, retirement, being idle.............I wish! Well thats it for today and I will let you know now that the next colour that was chosen is River Rock. Now to be fair I dont think that I have used that cardstock either so it will be a challenge. I have also decided that I will use the Ocean Commotion set. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it. Bye for now. Gwen

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Gwen. Love the self challenge idea. Don't you love how the colour coach is always right. The colours it selects always look great together. Looking forward to seeing more of these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...