Thursday, March 31, 2011

Elegant Soiree meets Sweet Summer

I just love the Elegant Soiree designer paper and the Sweet Summer Stamp set. It is amazing how when the ladies use this set they "have to have it".
The card was made using Marina Mist cardstock which was embossed using the Elegant Lines embossing folder and the Sweet Summer Sale-a-bration stamp set. The inks used were Sahara Sand and Baja Breeze. To achieve the look I wanted, I inserted the card front into the embossing folder only about 5.5 cms. I ran that through the Big Shot,then turned the cardstock so that I could emboss the bottom section of the card again so have the embossed area cover the whole section. It looks brilliant when it is done. When embossing the lower section of the card try to ensure that the Big Shot rollers dont go over the edge of the embossing folder, because if it does then you will get a little ridge that depending on the cardstock you use could be quite noticeable. A strip of Elegant Soiree was placed down the side and then the image was stamped in Sahara Sand and Baja Breeze on Very Vanilla and then matted onto a piece of the Marina Mist. I tossed up whether to add yet another colour in the cardstock, but I wanted the image to blend and remain simple and unfussy. I love the way this has turned out and the ladies had a ball making it. I hope you like it too, please let me know what you think. Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...