Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sail Away

Hi Stampers!
I thought tonight I would share a quick card that I made while watching the cricket with my husband (not). The baja breeze base had been sitting on my work table for a few days and has been moved from this spot to that. I was mounting the Sail Away stamp and thought I would use it with what I had on the table. I coloured the yacht with Watercolour Pencils and then used my Blender Pen to colour. I thought that I would distress the edges and this was very hard to do, because the whole time my mind is screaming at me to "STOP", it isnt straight or structured. I backed it with Baja Breeze and mounted it on dimensionals. I also matted the baja breeze on some Whisper White Cardstock that I had run the Very Vintage Wheel over and then embossed using the square lattice embossing folder.l I quite like it (I think), made me not step but jump out of my comfort zone of orderliness and into scraggy and distressed. (I wonder if they call is deistressed because that is what the artist is becoming the whole while! Well thats it for me today, so please let me know what you think, bye for now

1 comment:

  1. I love this card Gwen. The distressing is perfect and as always so is your colouring. The new folder looks fantastic as well. I like the stamping on the square lattice embossing too. Gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...