Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Double Twisted Easel

There is peace and quiet in the house at long last.............the noise I hear is silence! Time to drag out my projects that I have had on the go, but had to put away until all the visitors had gone home. I have been working on some easel cards, my ladies are going to be doing these in class next week. I decided that rather than do straight easels that I would do twisted easels. The first card I made was a double twisted easel, which I am sharing with you today. I might add I had changed my mind about three times for the colour scheme and went back to the original colours that I had chosen to work with.Perfect Plum was used for the card base and Lap of Luxury designer paper was used for the Scallop Ovals and Concord Crush for the Large Ovals.The Pretty in Pink was embossed using the Finial Press embossing folder. I had some glitter thread (not SU0 and decided to to a little bit of 'string art' on the ovals. Lap of Luxury Designer paper was also used for the birds. Vintage Vogue was stamped in both Perfect Plum and Pretty in Pink and I placed the rhinestone brads in the centres of each one. Well Scripted was used for the sentiment. I cut 2 Modern Labels usi ng the punch of the same name, one in Very Vanilla and the other in Perfect Plum. The perfect Plum Label I cut in half and off set ita bit to look as tho there is a second label behind it. The ribbon is a CASE of a tutorial by Sharon Field I love this idea for the ribbon so different. I had a lot of fun making this card an I do hope that you like it too. Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...