Saturday, April 2, 2011

Faux Mother of Pearl Technique

Today I wanted to try the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique. I googled it and came up with so many, so I had a look at a few of them and came across one from Inspiration Ink. It was so easy and I did at long last get to use my Shimmer Paint that has remained unopened sice I bought it! As I said there are thousands of entries when you Google Faux Mother of Pearl, and I looked at quite a few of them, but the instructions from Inspiration Ink were in plain english and easy to follow. The first card I made was a CASE with my own interpretaion. I love the way the shimmer paint gives the beautiful pearlised effect. I might add it looks so much better in 'real life' I used the same colours as was used on Inspiration Ink and they were the very unlikely colour combination of Always Artichoke and Pretty in Pink. I used Stazon to stamp the image from Fast and Fabulous  onto the pearlised cardstock and then coloured with my Stampn Write Markers. I added the Grey Tafetta Ribbon around the bottom of the main panel and tied a bow around the middle of the ribbon to add interest. The sentiment I put up on 1 dimensional, on the Pretty in Pink Cardstock. I hoep you enjoy this card and let me know what you think, bye for now

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card. I found your blog through SUDSOL & I love your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...