Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Triple Twisted Easel

Yesterday I showed a Double Twisted Easel Card that I made, and then thought if I can do a double, then why not a triple! It was a lot of fun once I worked it out, and once again I used a little tutorial from Sharon Field that showed a really quick and easy way to do a double bow. There are so many possibilities for this card and the way it can be presented, in regards to the way the easels face, twisted or not, a bit of both the choice is yours! I chose to do a twisted easel each end and a 'regular' easel in the centre. For this card I used Pink Pirourette cardstock and placed a peice of Pink Pirourette Designer Paper upon the base. The Pretty in Pink panels I ran through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and attached them to the easel. The centre panel I used a piece of Presto Designer Speciality Paper and sponged it over with a mixture of Pink Pirourette Re inker and Frost White Shimmer Ink. I then ran it through the Big Shot Using the Scallop Oval Die, and then ran some Pretty in Pink through as well but this time using the Ovals Die. The sentiment I stamped onto a piece of Very Vanilla in Regal Rose and lightly run the edge around the Regal Rose Stamp pad. To assemble this I just mounted them one on top of the other using the Snail adhesive. I also used Snail Adhesive to mount it on the Pretty in Pink base.
The Double Bow was so easy and it looks lovely. I used the1/2" Chantilly Lace. It is the first time I had used it and I am so glad I did, it lent the card some delicate trim. The first panel I once again used the Scallop Oval Die, the Oval Die and the Large Oval Punch and matted them as shown. Using the Scallop circle punch I punched out three in Concord Crush, Rose Red and So Safron, and made three roses, which I had learned to do at a class held by Kris McIntosh some little while ago. I used Certainly Celery and the Little Leaves embosslit for the leaves and placed them on the diagonal. The flowers were attached using Crystal effects, and the Scallop Oval was attached using dimensionals. I placed strips of pearls to act as the stopper for the easels so that they would stand up. Now I am going to have to come up with a envobox to put it in! :))
I hope you like this card and keep an eye out there is another to come tomorrow
Bye for now,,,,,,,

1 comment:

  1. Gwen this is an amazing card. I can't believe the attention to detail. I love the colours, the pearls and the ingenuity to come up with this. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...