Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sail Away

I decided to partake in CardPatterns' Challenge this week, and this is what I came up with. I stamped Sail Away several times onto cardstock and cut out various sections of it so I could layer them to add dimension. When it was all cut and layered I smeared Crystal Effects over the hull of the boat and the sails. I tied a knot in the Hemp Twine which I am seriously hoping it looks like a knot that would be used on a boat. Because it is such a long card I had scored a frame for the Basic Black mat to sit inside and then I used the Tasteful Trims Die and cut the large scallop edging top and bottom. The two smallest buttons in the Sweet Buttons embosslit I cut and placed on the top and bottom of the card. This card id different to what I usually do but I do like it, and hope you do too! Bye for now.....

2 comments:

  1. Gwen this is amazing. Love all the detail and of course the Black and White.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gwen, love the new look blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...