Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tent Card - Welcome Baby

This evening I was sitting at my desk and found some owls that I had punched out, and started to play with them. I saw a picture of a tent card on the net a while back and thought I would attempt to make one. Well I am here to tell you, they are the easiest cards ever to make. I sponged the inside of the card with a combination of More Mustard, Crumb Cake and Wild Wasabi for the ground area and sponged Marina Mist for the sky. I then stamped 3 little rabbits from the Forest Friends set along the bottom. I covered the front piece of cardstock with Designer Paper and run it through the Big Shot using the Top Note Die to give the opening to hang the little owls from. I attached them to the card with a piece of Certainly Celery Grosgrain ribbon and a rhinestone brad to attach it to the top of the card. I stamped and cut out some bambi's and some baby owls and attached them to the four corners of the front. The sentiment I stmped in Early Espresso and punched out using the large oval, then placed that onto a scallop oval that I had punched out in Always Artichoke. I think it is so cute, even if it is a little unorthodox for the occasion. The measurements to use for the Tent Card are to cut 2 of 12 x 16cm  and for the base 1 of 10cm x 12cm. The base is folded in half then each side folded back so that a W is formed. Attache the back of the card to the base, sitting it in the crease of the valley on the right hand side and adhere. The front of the card sits on the outside of the other side of the W leaving the mountain fold in the middle which enables the card to fold flat for postage. Either glue the tops of the card together or join with brads (I think glue is tidier)
  Hope you like it too. Bye for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...