Sunday, October 9, 2011

Season of Joy at Sunny Challenges and Creations

This week the challenge  at Sunny Challenges and Creationswas set by our wonderfully talented Kris. Along with the sketch the stamp set we had to use was Season of Joy. We would love it if you would play along with us this week and enter our challenge. While you are checking out Kris and Vicky's  blogs you can see all the other wonderful creations they have there. I am so lucky to have both these ladies as my mentor! Back to the challenge .....my card started with a base of Very Vanilla, and I used a piece of the Letters to Santa DSP on the bottom section of the card. The top section I placed a piece of Cherry Cobbler. Using the Season of Joy set I stamped the flourish onto Old Olive cardstock using ink of the same colour. I then ran it through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. That was matted onto Very Vanilla card stock. The lower panel was again mounted onto the Very Vanilla but this time I used Cherry Cobbler as the top mat. I stamped the Christmas tree in Old Olive and cut it out, then used my Cherry Cobbler Stamp and Write Marker to outline the decorations on the tree. I adhered this directly to the mat, but used dimensionals to place it on the card front.  The greeting on the front of the card is also from Season of Joy and it was stamped in Old Olive once again. It was then punched out using the Modern Label Punch and adhered to another shape the same that I had cut using the Big Shot and the Movers and Shapers die  from the set Punch Windows.I also used a piece of the crochet lace across the top of the card which was also a part of the challenge. The inside of the card I used Very Vanilla cardstock and placed a strip of the Letters to Santa DSP along the bottom that I had punched using the Scallop Border Trim Punch. The poinsettia's were stamped in Cherry Cobbler, cut out and just placed on the angle. The sentiment is from the set Heard from the Heart and that was punched in Old Olive.

2 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Gwen. Love the colour combination and the way you stamped the panel before you embossed. Your tree is beautiful and the bow is perfect. The inside of your card is as beautiful as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the touch of lace you've used Gwen. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...