Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week 18 Sunny Challenges and Creations

Hello again everyone, this week's sketch was by Kris, and as soon as I saw the sketch I knew what I was going to do (doesnt happent very often). I decided that I would do the 'Black Magic' Technique because Upsy Daisy is one stamp set that really lends itself to so many different options. This is probably the reason it is my most favourite of stamp sets! To make my card I used Cherry Cobbler as my base. I ran a piece of Whisper White through the Big Shot using the tulips embossing folder. I stamped my image on Basic Black card stock using White Craft ink and when it was thoroughly dry I used my SU Watercolour Pencils to colour in the image. When I had finished I matted it onto a piece of Old  Olive card stock and ran a band of White Tafetta ribbon that I had dyed Cherry Cobbler around the botton of the card. The sentiment is also from Upsy Daisy and that was stamped using cherry Cobbler ink, punched out using the large oval and sponged and them placed on a scallop oval in Old Olive. I attached the scallop oval to the card using dimensionals. I love the 'Black Magic' Technique and I am really happy as to how this turned out. Dont forget to play along with us this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations and especially dont forget to check out Kris and Vicky's blogs and see what they too have done with the sketch for this week. Bye for now... 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Gwen. It is so rich with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning example of this technique. Your flowers truly "pop" off the page.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...