Monday, April 9, 2012

Time for me

This Easter weekend I have been really busy and I have had a real 'hankering' to go to the beach, like its only just down the road really about 3 kilometers and I never go there any more. I am so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world, and it really pulled me up short a couple of weeks ago when I realised it has been at least 5 years since I have actually gone to the beach to have a swim in the ocean. so  I did go to the beach for a bit today ... 1 whole hour woo hoo. 
Made several notes to self. Remember the following:
  1. Mooloolaba has the hardest sand in the whole world
  2. Do not under any circumstances lay on your tummy because you really do get to smell the sand which smells like the deck of an old fishing trawler!
  3. Dont go to the beach at 11am on a public holiday
  4. Dont forget your sunscreen
  5. Remember to take your camera
  6. Make sure the battery in your kindle isnt going to run out one page before the end of your book
  7. Take 2 bottles of water to the beach 1 to drink there and the other to drink when you leave the beach
  8. Remember not to put aforementioned 2nd bottle in the boot/back of the car for the drive home in the midday heat and previously mentioned Public Holiday
  9. Enjoy the sand free pool that you dive into as soon as you get home
I think that after today's excursion I will make more of them, but will take into consideration all of the above notes to myself that I made, now all I have to do is figure out how to get a picture from my mobile to the computer. Till next time, Gwen

2 comments:

  1. That is so very funny Gwen!!!!! 5 years, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm....I know Vicky trust me I feel suitably chastened! I am going to make a concerted effort from now on just to make that 1 hour for me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...