Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunny Challenges Weeks 43 and 44


Goodness Stampers it has been such a hectic time for me the last couple of weeks. I think the worst of all was the prepping for a Garage Sale to sell off some retired stock and other items of craft that hadnt seen the light of day in a few years. I am sure we all have some of those items around our homes. Seeing that Conventions is being held in Brisbane next year that gave me the added impetus to do something about raising the money to go. The Garage Sale is now over and I have enough money to pay for my registration, accommodation and to buy from the new catty when it hits our shores a little later down the track. Ok, now onto the Challenges for Sunny Challenges and Creations. Week 43 was a sketch that was set by me and I used the set Ocean Commotion.



This week for Challenge 44, the lovely Kris set the challenge and we were given a blank canvas! The challenge was that we were to make a fancy fold card of our choice. Below is the card I made from a Tutorial from Frenchie for this week and it was so easy to do I loved it!
With clever use of the Framelits, it was a breeze to make and it is such a wow card. I used a piece of Whisper White card stock and folded it so that the two outside edges met in the middle. This was the most important part of the creation. Each end was embossed, a strip of ribbon was placed to the back of the left hand side of the card and that was then covered with Real Red Cardstock.
The focal area framelit is adhered only to the the centre point on the left hand side, using plenty of adhesive to sit it on top of the ribbon. The frame on the right hand side is only adhered to the front of the card on the right hand side to the centre point of the frame.
I used the new Reason to Smile stamp set for my flowers an I stamped two in Real Red and one in Pumpkin Pie. Then I over stamped the flower using Early Espresso. The leaves were cut using the little leaves die and then divided up around the flowers; To make things just a little different I used my circle punch and punched out two Pumpkin Pie discs and a Real Red disc and placed them onto the opposite coloured flowers. I decided to add three little butterflies that were cut from So Safron card stock and attached these using Tombow.
We would love for you to play along with us this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations, so pop on over have a look at what the other designers have put together an join in! I do hope that you like what I have done and if you get a chance pop on over to Frenchie's blog and have a look for yourself at what she has been creating! Till next time....

2 comments:

  1. Love it Gwen! So pretty & that stamp set is so happy......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great fold. I love the colours and the way the frames work together. Can't wait to use that stampset.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...